IRP Registration & Renewal
The International Registration Plan, IRP, is an agreement among the 48 U.S. states, the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces which recognizes the registration of commercial motor vehicles registered by other jurisdictions. An IRP apportioned plate is required for vehicles that operate as interstate carriers.
- Vehicles with two axles and a gross vehicle weight or registered gross vehicle weight in excess of 26,000 pounds
- Vehicles with three or more axles, regardless of weight
- Vehicles used in combination when the gross vehicle weight of such combination exceeds 26,000 pounds
- Renewal is based on the state jurisdiction your account was opened in
- Illinois renewal due date is March 31
It can seem confusing, but that is why we're here. Contact us to begin adding trucks to your fleet or open a new firm today.